Ministry of foreign affairsconfirms concern for reaching final agreements with southern Sudan at talks currently run between the two countries in Addis Ababa, Ethiopian in context of time frame suggested by UNSC.
Ministry’s spokesman Obeid Ahmed Murawah told (smc) that talks are progressing genuinely under AU mediation which he said it seeks to translate outcome of talks into final agreements between the two countries. Murawah predicts that final agreements are to sign at ceremony organized and possibly be attended by the presidents of the two countries if negotiators of the two parties were able to overcome obstacles facing talks. However Murawah insisted that implementation of deals is hostage to completion of talks over all disputed issues. ..
1. On Tuesday morning and afternoon, areas of South Kordofan state, most notably Heglig, were brutally attacked by the SPLA, supported by the state of South Sudan, using mercenary forces and rebel groups
2. The Sudanese Armed Forces and organized troops confronted the aggressors and attacking forces as clashes ensued within Sudanese borders
3. This attack comes directly after a visit to both countries by the AUHIP led by President Thabo Mbeki in an effort to push towards a peaceful negotiation and after Khartoum confirmed to mediators its commitment to reach a peaceful solution through dialogue
4. The government of Sudan announces it will oppose this flagrantly aggressive behavior by all legitimate ways and means
5. Sudan also warns the state of South Sudan that's it's insistence on adopting such aggressive behavior will bring nothing but ruin and disappointment to its people
6. The government of Sudan reserves the right to reply to aggression and maintain the integrity of its territories, citizens, and resources